Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Favorite Book


ARe you There God, It's Me Margaret? by Judy Blume has to be my all time, 1970-80's, teenage favorite author and book. I had all her collection. It was the first book I read without pictures in the book. I was in fourth grade during the year of 1978-1979. The same year they seperated the girls and boys to have a mini sex education class/puberty class. Remember our little box with our first pad/tampon included and brochure? Then when all the class got back together all the boys kept asking what we spoke of? And we all blushed and said "none of your bees wax!", Ha-Ha! Every girl must read this classic book about going through puberity. I don't care if times have changed, I think all girls of all generations can relate to Margaret or her friends.
Did you know...The phrase "I must, I must, I must increase my bust", which Margaret and her friends chant while doing exercises intended to increase breast size, has re-entered popular culture after being originally popular in the 1940s and '50s.

Did you know...In the 2006 edition, belted sanitary napkins have been replaced with adhesive sanitary pads (I thought best not to include a photo of this)
Well, this is my book for Friday. If you haven't read it, do. You'll get a kick through memory lane and be glad, if your not already there, almost over.

Ciao for now,
Arnnette

No comments: