Saturday, November 1, 2008

Favorite Book Friday

I know, today is Saturday, but with last minute sewing for Halloween Costumes, at least I'm still posting. In light of the holiday, I chose Clifford's Halloween and we cannot forget It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown too. That would have to be an American classic children's favorite series. Along with Bugs Bunny and the sexy witch, lol.

My favorite part of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was when Linus missed the whole celebration of Halloween. He convinced Sally, Charlie Browns sister, to wait for the Great Pumpkin. She was upset when the Great Pumpkin didn't show up and called him "Blockhead". Then Lucy, the bossy of the bunch, mean to Charlie Brown, and sister of Linus, shows a compassionate side of her. She wakes up at 4am and brings back Linus and tucks him in bed. My favorite part was included. (Click on Linus)


Remember when we only had Saturday morning cartoons? Or during holiday nights? Oh and let's not forget Sunday evening with Lawrence Welk show followed by the Mickey Mouse Club. Or was it the other way around? I also enjoyed watching the Munsters and the Addams Family.
I have to say out of the two mothers, Lilly was my favorite. She was a caring aunt, mother, daughter, wife, and she loved beging a housewife. She was the family's counselor and cook. Hermans kid jokes were funny, too, "My family is in the iron and steel business. My mother irons and my father steals." Did you know Lilly, played by Yvonne DeCarlo, her best remembered role in the 1950s was in The Ten Commandments (1956) as Sephora? Just thought you might like to know, another one of my favorite movies. Did you know favorite for me does not end with one item? Just thought you should know, because I have many favorite things.



I would like to end with the closing of the Mickey Mouse Club. See you really soon, why? Because I like you. (Click on Mickey Mouse Club)


Ciao for now,
Arnnette

No comments: