Sunday, September 14, 2008

Confessions of a Pioneer Woman


Okay, so I'm on a roll on with this blog,this diary of confessions, thoughts or just non-sense stuff I have to say. I do want to share, however, why I chose the links to Myself Help Survival Must. For now, I would like to focus on The Pioneer Woman.com.

Like Ree, a.k.a. Pioneer Woman, We both are thirty-something wives and mother to four children (plus 6 for me), I'm the oldest (she's the middle child), she attended college (I still have to start and finish college), I did wear black shoes to work everyday...well not everything is the same. But like her man that comes home with manure, my man comes home with sand and oil, and we're both proud and love of our men, Her Marlboro Man and my Urban Cowboy/wanna be homie. I love the photos of her ranch and her weird children and I have plenty of those. Okay, I'm not exactly like Ree, but I can relate to many of her thoughts on life.












Her man pleasing recipes are a hit with my family. They loved the Crash Hot Potatoes. My family is waiting for me to make her Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever recipe. I just bought the commercial baking sheet for the recipe.
Her photos make you feel like your right there, and you can almost smell the manure, hay, dust, and all those wonderful scents at a ranch. Oh I must say she does Ethel Merman impersonations. Every one who knows me will know that I Love Lucy and some of her deceptions and forgetfulness has passed on to me. Or is it that I'm getting older and have some kind of dementia? Oh I must say my favorite I Love Lucy episode is the Vitameatavegamin.
Any how, I'm getting off track, I love this website. You must visit Ree's website, for a few laughs and amazement on how she can have time to make these wonderful daily recipes, take her photographs and work on her ranch and still have time for her home schooling, one on one with her punks and have time for contests and her site. If I go on, you might not visit her site, so I leave the rest to you.

Ciao for now,
Arnnette



Oh! All the photos are from her site except for the Vitameatavegamin that I got from google images. And of course the photo of my urban cowboy, is shot from one of my punks.

1 comment:

The Navarro's said...

Wow, that's a neat website. How does she do it? I love her sense of humor.