Monday, December 1, 2008

It's December!!!

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


Yes, I painted the tuscan view freehand:) Can you
find the lightswitch?

Ita gave this Old Santa that is almost 20 yrs old. Ayla loves him!
Tonight for Family Home Evening, we read from the Ensign. I told my kids of my memories of giving my gifts for Christmas to a friend who needed it most. I will always remember her face when her named was called out and several gifts were for her. I love receiving gifts. However the joy I give in giving and seeing someones happy expression is ten times greater. The kids wanted to read more stories of Christmas and charity. Although we thought it best to read more the rest of the month and have the kids choose their favorite Christmas stories from the Ensign, New Era, and Friend, for FHE.

Click on any magazine for a short story or activity. You can browse on LDS.Org and receive many activities and stories that will send a message or strengthen your testimony.
ABC Family have Family Night Movies and Cartoons every night at 7pm (AZ time), until Christmas. Tonight is the Shrek deck the halls and the Grinch on regular channel ABC. It was nice for the after Family Home Evening.
Ciao for now,
Arnnette

1 comment:

The Navarro's said...

I LOVE that Santa! It's so different! Don't you just love Christmas? That quote you have from President Monson, I really like it. I think I'm going to steal it for my blog too!