Friday, August 14, 2009

Tagged: 10 Things About Me

Think your friends and family know you? Perhaps there are things they are missing! Tag your it! Rules: Things have to be about YOU, not places you've been to, people you know, etc. Whom will you tag? Now, here is the chance for 3 friends to join in. Thanks to my sister Deborah, I've been tagged. Hmmmm.....

1. My middle name is starts with M. No its not Maria! However, it is Wendy's grandma's name in Peter Pan, or shall I say Hook....yes it's Mayra.

2. In high school, I was in marching band, took sewing for 4-5 years, took photography, in DECA, and took welding and auto mechanics talk about a variety of classes.

3. I took the ASVAB Test (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) and scored high in the Engineering and low in the Home Economic portion. Note: it was the 80's and my mom didn't want me to join the Armed Forced and become an airplane mechanic. My vision is not 20/20, otherwise I would have loved to be a pilot:) She felt it was not for proper girls. The Air Force, which I really wanted to go to, kept calling interested in me. I respected my moms wishes and after I married my first husband, she told me she regret me not enlisting.

4. I was a Bluebird first & later a Girl Scout.

5. My favorite color: none. I love colors that remind me of the ocean sunset. Blue/Purple/Red/White/Deep Green, kinda like a peacock feather.

6. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong era. I love the 1930's-1960's. I also like the Victorian and Renaissance era. Yet I'm glad I'm living today, where there are vaccines, epidurals, tampons, deodorants, woman rights and voting, washing machines, and especially the A/C.

7. I love Music. I haven't played the piano in aloooooooong time, but I can still play Moonlight Sonata. I some day will have my piano. Until then, I love buying sheet music, even though I don't have a piano.

8. I want to learn to play the harp and guitar.

9. The same daughter that wants to send me to What Not to Wear, thinks I collect junk. I just say, "Don't Hate, Appreciate". I collect Renaissance Swords, Fairies, I collect Coca-Cola (Pepsi not allowed in my home), Shells and anything Beach/Nautical/Ocean, I collect musical instruments from around the world, Pottery, Vintage Kitchen anything (table clothes, doilies, aprons, kitchen utensils, bowls), Pin-up Corona and vintage tropical & Garden Deco.

10. I love visiting small towns and trying family restaurants and shopping in 2nd hand and antique shops with my husband.

Chalo's Family Restaurant and Soda Pops Antique Store Located in Globe, AZ
Wow, that was HARD! OK, I tag, Rachelle, Molly, Rachel and all you visitors. Let me know when you post your tag:)

No comments: