Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh, What Do You Do In The Summertime?

There is a song that I used to sing every summer that I learned in Primary called, "Oh, What Do You Do In the Summertime?"
Primary is Sunday school for 3-12 years old in our church. Whether or not we sang it in primary every summer, I had learned it, and I would sing it years after Primary.You can click here to hear the song. Here are the lyrics.

Oh, What Do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?Do you fish in a stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by Is that what you do? So do I!



Oh, What do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?Is that what you do? So do I!


Oh, What do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades, or count all the stars in the sky?Is that what you do? So do I!

So far this summer, or technically its not summer, however, my kids have been on summer break since May 22nd! Anyhow, So far this summer we went to a Low rider Car Show during Memorial Weekend. It was fun. We ran into my cousin Dawn and old friends. We ate all you can eat crab legs....mmmmm.

Here the girls are posing.
Dad and the boys are posing.
Oscar is in Basketball training at School & at ASU.

He's number 50 with the black t-shirt under his jersey.

Oscars littlest fan, nephew and my grandson, Leo'nel.
Hannah's an LIT (leader in training) at the Boys and Girls Clubs and has been accepted on a scholarship at the Mesa Arts Center for their Broadway class, where she'll continue to learn to sing, dance, and learn drama. She also went on a Pioneer Trek dressed in Pioneer clothing and pushed a handcart through the White Mountains of AZ to Luna NM. She left at 6am on a Wednesday Morning and came back on Saturday around 5pm. She said it rained on them and they did not sleep in tents, which is nothing compared to what the pioneers when through.
Devan and Dorian went to Boys Scouts Camp at Camp Pueblo.
We celebrated my nephews birthday.

Then on May 31st, My sister Deborah and her family came to visit from El Paso, Texas. Daniel my nephew is getting big. I miss them so much. What little time we spent and divided with Cecilio's Family, my brother-in-law, it was Awesome.
We went to Freestone Park in Gilbert.
Danny happy with his prima.
We went to San Tan Village Mall in Gilbert and the kids got wet at the outdoor playground.
Leo'nel my grandson had fun with the water...oh-oh where did the water go?


from left to right: Ayla, Leonel, Dorian, Danny watching his cousin Enlai playing in the water and deciding if he wants to get wet. Enlai's mama Lily, Chillo's Sister. Below is Claudia his baby sister. I'm not sure if she was having fun.
Don't let the photo fool you, she's always smiling.

We went to Build-a-Bear and chose a new friend for Danny, Oh Mama the dog, after they got wet and dried up.
Primos, Ayla & Danny washing Oh Mama.
Danny and his new pal, Oh Mama

Dorian and Danny kick'n it watching Mall Cop.
We went to Oscars Basketball game.
Oscar playing at Basketball Camp against Perry.
More fans of Oscar, Primo Danny and Little sister Ayla. I had to take a picture of their feet.
The kids went swimming at Cecilio's family, while Bayardo and I went shopping dinner to take to the Drive-in later that evening

Devan did a head flop!
Then Dorian follow with a belly flop! Ouch!
We saw the Night of the Museum featured with X-Men:Wolverine, which was our family's 2nd time but we love his boot-ay when he jumps the waterfall, Or says my 4-year-old, so we didn't mind.
We visited Ikea, I bought a table drawing paper holder I have been wanting since March. We ate at Chipotle, and Pete's Fish N Chips. The week went so fast. It was sad to see them go.

So for the rest of the Summertime, We plan to visit the Navarro Family one weekend before school starts in August. Finish Sweep Cleaning my home and have a Yard Sale.
Note: I clean sweeped the boys room and moved the bed. Before I moved the bed I repainted the room. I went to get the camera to take a picture of the CAT logo I painted in the boys room 7yrs ago, for memories. The boys wanted to look like they were helping. Don't let this picture fool you.

We still plan to go to Payson for the Fourth of July and see the Parades and Fireworks,not to mention the stars in the sky, Have another Tea Party for Ayla's friends and cousins, go to Build and Grow at Lowe's, I've drank my Pink Lemonade, Need to teach my sons to embroider their monogram to make a throw pillow they've been wanting, and finish craft projects.
What do you do in the Summertime?
Ciao for Now, Arnnette

No comments: